Folks who are moving have two options: pack and move everything themselves or hire a moving company to accomplish the moving part for them. There are lots of moving companies available and you will find an increasing amount of these which are scams. Here’s what you ought to search for when you’re selecting a moving company to make sure that you don’t get rooked:
1. Beware of any prices that seem too low, especially when that estimate is just provided over the phone or via the internet.
2. Legitimate moving companies base their costs on the weight of materials that need to be moved cheap mover in Los angeles. Simply how much room it takes up in the moving truck isn’t important. Don’t trust any moving company that tries to share with you otherwise.
3. A great moving company should come to your home and go over the stuff that you will have to move. They will go through the quality of the items and how much there’s to pack up. The estimate you’ll get will soon be based in large part with this visit. Any moving company that says they’ll not or do not want in the future out to your home aren’t worth spending money on.
4. If the moving company demands plenty of cash or a huge deposit in advance, chances are that they are not legitimate.
5. All legitimate moving companies will give you a copy of Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move. The federal government requires that moving companies give you this information. If your moving company fails to do this, then chances are they are a scam.
6. Moving companies which are not scams will give you information about their insurance and their licensing information. You will also have quick access with their contact information. Any business that is hesitant about providing these records might be a scam.
7. Beware of any business that answers the phone with a general “movers” or fails to give you an organization name. All legitimate companies have real company names.